While generously supporting international
finance institutions (IFIs), Japan provides huge amount of bilateral
official development finance through the Japan Bank of International
Cooperation (JBIC), the world largest
FOEJ is working to improve the funding policies of the JBIC and other IFIs and advocates for greater transparency and accountability in development finance.
* FOEJ is a part of the International ECA Reform Campaign.
- 2020-03-26 Finance
- [Press Release] NGOs urge 51 investors to divest from Mitsubishi Corporation which promotes coal-fired power generation
- 2020-03-02 Finance
- Don’t support Vung Ang 2 coal-fired power project in Vietnam with public money Japanese government must reconsider export policy including planned projects
- 2020-02-01 Finance
- [Request Letter] Please do not support the Vung Ang 2 coal-fired power generation project in Vietnam
- 2020-01-23 Finance
- Joint Statement NGOs applaud environment minister for expressing concerns about coal power project in Vietnam: Japanese government should stop supporting coal-fired power generation overseas
- 2019-12-23 Finance
- [Joint Statement] Mitsubishi Corporation increasingly isolated on coal-fired power plant in Vietnam. As major international banks and partners pull out, Japanese public and private sector must join the coal exit!