While generously supporting international
finance institutions (IFIs), Japan provides huge amount of bilateral
official development finance through the Japan Bank of International
Cooperation (JBIC), the world largest
FOEJ is working to improve the funding policies of the JBIC and other IFIs and advocates for greater transparency and accountability in development finance.
* FOEJ is a part of the International ECA Reform Campaign.
- 2021-01-13 Finance
- [Petition] Appeal for Japanese government and private sector to withdraw from Vung Ang 2 coal power plant project in Vietnam
- 2020-12-30 Finance
- [statement] NGOs Strongly Oppose Decision by Japan Bank for International Cooperation to Support Vung Ang 2 Coal-fired Power Generation Project in Vietnam
- 2020-12-23 Finance
- [Press release] Japanese environmental NGOs urge major investors to divest from Mitsubishi Corporation to protect the climate
- 2020-11-13 Finance
- "JICA Must NOT Support Coal Plant in Indramayu, Indonesia!" CSOs Submitted the Petition to Japanese Government/JICA (Signed by 1218 Individuals and 107 Organizations from 34 Countries)
- 2020-11-10 Finance
- Indonesian and Bangladesh CSOs call on French government to stand firm against Japan’s support to coal in both countries ahead of the Finance in Common Summit in November