SUBMITTED 148,000 SIGNATURES TO H.I.S. - PLEASE DO NOT DESTROY TROPICAL FORESTS WITH YOUR PALM OIL POWER PLANT!
Protesting against the construction of the palm oil-fired power plant that H.I.S., a Japanese travel agency is currently constructing in Kakuda City, Miyagi Prefecture, Friends of the Earth Japan, together with other environmental NGOs, submitted 148,588 signatures.
The petition points out that palm oil destroying tropical forests and peatlands in the developmnet of oil palm plantations during production, with the high emissions of greenhouse gases through land use, conversion, processing and transportation. In addition, the enormous increase in demand for biomass power generation is also pointed out.
- 2019-10-18 Energy
- Citizens’ Committee on Nuclear Energy proposes long-term storage for treated water from damaged Fukushima Daichi plant
- 2019-09-17 Energy
- FoE Japan objects to statement by Japan’s former Environment Minister: He undermined discussions on long-term storage of contaminated water at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant
- 2019-09-02 Energy
- FoE Japan's submission of public comments to the ICRP
- 2019-08-27 Finance
- [ NGO Joint Statement on Sumitomo Corporation’s Coal Policy] Sumitomo Corporation Must Aim at Complete Coal Phase-Out to Combat Climate Change
- 2019-08-22 Climate
- Protect the Antarctic and Southern Ocean! International debate about Antarctic Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) (Tokyo 3-Sept-2019)