35 Environmental Groups From 15 Countries Ask Shareholders of H.I.S. to Urge Them to Stop Palm Oil Power Plant - “Be a Responsible Shareholder”
35 environmental groups and 19 academics from 15 countries, including Friends of the Earth Japan, sent a letter to 37 major shareholders of H.I.S., asking them to urge H.I.S. to withdraw from their palm oil burning power plant project in Kakuda City, Miaygi Prefecture.
“If demand for palm oil expands, the exploitation of tropical forests and peatlands to develop oil palm farmland will release enormous amounts of CO2. Taking into account the enormous carbon reserves of forests and peatlands, the project burning palm oil as fuel generates far more CO2 than coal-fired power generation.”
- 2021-09-22 Finance
- CSOs Submitted Letter Demanding Japanese Mega Banks Not Finance LNG Canada Project and Withdraw from Coastal Gaslink Pipeline Project- Take Action to Avoid Serious Violations of Indigenous Peoples’ Rights and Climate Crisis!
- 2021-08-06 Finance
- Press Release: CSOs Submitted a Letter Demanding JBIC Not to Finance the LNG Canada Project - Do Not Violate the Rights of Indigenous Peoples or Fuel the Climate Crisis
- 2021-07-16 Finance
- Japan must not be allowed to violate the G7 Leaders’ Statement- Supporting new Coal Plants in Indonesia and Bangladesh goes against the Agreement - CSOs Submitted the Statement to Japanese government (endorsed by 120 Organizations from 25 Countries)
- 2021-07-15 Energy
- Video Testimonies from Fukushima in 7 Languages: Mr Itakura Masao, who returned to live in Tomioka Town, Fukushima Prefecture.
- 2021-06-24 Finance
- Joint Statement: We Condemn Okinawa Prefectural Polices’ Unjust Investigation of Butterfly Researcher Miyagi Akino -Intimidation of Yanbaru Forests Conservation Activists Should Not Be Allowed