While generously supporting international
finance institutions (IFIs), Japan provides huge amount of bilateral
official development finance through the Japan Bank of International
Cooperation (JBIC), the world largest
FOEJ is working to improve the funding policies of the JBIC and other IFIs and advocates for greater transparency and accountability in development finance.
* FOEJ is a part of the International ECA Reform Campaign.
- 2018-07-15 Finance
- STOP dumping in the Sea of Henoko, Okinawa!
- 2018-05-21 Finance
- 171 CSOs from 40 Countries Call on Japanese Government to Stop its Public Finance for Cirebon and Indramayu Coal Plants in West Java, Indonesia
- 2018-04-27 Finance
- Press Release: International petition (61 groups from 23 countries endorsed) JBIC should revoke the finance for Nghi Son 2 coal fired power plant immediately!
- 2018-03-13 Finance
- Press Release: Urgent Petition Submitted to Minister of Finance and JBIC by Environmental Groups- Exporting dirty coal fired power plants to Vietnam is against the Paris Agreement
- 2017-11-15 Finance
- [Urgent Statement] Objection to Japanese and South Korean Government and Companies Supporting the construction of new coal power plants in Vietnam