While generously supporting international
finance institutions (IFIs), Japan provides huge amount of bilateral
official development finance through the Japan Bank of International
Cooperation (JBIC), the world largest
FOEJ is working to improve the funding policies of the JBIC and other IFIs and advocates for greater transparency and accountability in development finance.
* FOEJ is a part of the International ECA Reform Campaign.
- 2017-07-28 Finance
- Joint Letter to JBIC: Do not finance FLNG project in Mozambique
- 2017-05-29 Finance
- “Stop Funding Cirebon Coal Plant-Unit 2!” Indonesian Local Residents Came Over to Japan to File their Objection, JBIC Decided to Finance the Indonesian Coal Plant Project Despite the Residents’ Victory in District Court
- 2017-04-20 Finance
- [Urgent Statement] Expansion Plan of Cirebon Coal-fired Power Plant Project in West Java, Indonesia; Regional Court Revokes the Environmental Permit "JBIC Must Immediately Review and Repeal its Loan Agreement for the Illegal Project!" --- Japanese Groups Strongly Object to JBIC Premature Decision to Provide Financing
- 2017-04-14 Finance
- Joint Statement condemning JBIC for its decision to finance an expansion project of Vinh Tan 4 coal fired power plant in Vietnam
- 2017-03-27 Finance
- 280 CSOs from 47 Countries Call on Japan to Reject Financing for Cirebon and Indramayu Coal Plants in West Java, Indonesia