NGO Coalition letter to the Minister of Foreign Affairs(June 04,2001)
NGO COALITION ON SONDU-MIRIU HPP
Tel/Fax 254 2 555513. PO Box 10538, Nairobi Kenya. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RE: Sondu-Miriu HYDROPOWER project
We hail your Government's decision to intervene on the above project to investigate its financial and environmental aspects.
It is important that your delegation comes to Kenya urgently to see things for themselves. This will enable them stamp out corruption and enable the project to resume and finish on time.
We all welcome the Japanese loan to Kenya, but we insist that the project should not end up making the poor poorer and the rich richer.
We want the project implemented as was drawn up in the Environmental Impact Assessment and in other documents such as the Feasibility study.
Once again, thank you very much.
1) Pireh Otieno -Executive Director, African Water Network
2) Grace akumu -Executive Director, Climate Network Africa
3) Dr Otieno K'opiyo- Secretary, Sondu-Miriu Community Monitoring Committee
4) Dennis Akumu -Sondu-Miriu Community Monitoring Committee
5) Duncan Odima -Sondu-Miriu Community Advocacy Committee
6) Fanuel Tolo -Climate Network Africa
|FoEJ HOME||PROGRAM HOME||SITEMAP||LINK|